We want to provide support in order to sustainably accompany the
local people in helping them to help themselves.
To do this, we work closely with highly motivated volunteers.
Current information: Due to the ongoing political unrest and the associated uncertainties prevailing in the country, no volunteers are currently being dispatched. However, you can make a reservation for yourself for a later date.
Giving new hope together!
medi for help has already been able to rely on the active commitment of numerous volunteers and workshop managers on site in recent years.
As we look into the future, we will rely on the support of technicians and volunteers who wish to assist those in affected countries to help themselves. The deployment period extends over two to four weeks. medi for help pays for accommodations, meals and travel expenses.
That is the work at a glance
- Orthopedic care for patients
- Training of local technicians
- Organization (e.g., in administration or logistics)
This knowledge and skills are required:
- Professional qualification as an orthopedic technician (f/m/non-binary) and/or expert (f/m/non-binary) with a focus on compression therapy, preferably with experience in the treatment of lymphatic filariasis
- Many years of experience in the following techniques: Plaster cast, modeling, static and dynamic try-on, socket design and modifications to optimize the fit
- Organizational skills
- Good to very good knowledge of English
- Travel experience
- Good health
- Mental and physical resilience
- Valid passport
- Sense of humor
Further information, such as required vaccinations, will be provided to volunteers by medi for help after they apply.